Skrill Conference Premier review 31st August

league trophy review
There was 34 goals in match day 6 of the Skrill Premier as we start to get a look at how the league is going to shape up for the new season. We also had a massive derby which saw a team win their first game of the season.
There is only one place to start and that is the Racecourse ground as Wrexham entertained winless Chester. The Blues upset the odds coming away from their rivals with a 2-0 win as goals from Paul Linwood on five minutes put the visitors ahead on five minutes. Before Nathan Turner double the lead on 17 minutes put them 2-0 up and the Blues held out till the end to give their first win of the season in the Skrill Premier. The result also sees Chester jump to 22nd in the league.
Another 2-0 away win came at Aggborough as two late penalties from Jakes Howells on 70 and 81 minutes gave Luton all three points as the Hatters as they moved above the Harriers to go 11 place with Kidderminster sitting 12th in the league. John Still and his team will be hoping for Luton to have turned the corner from last season disappointment.
Salisbury won the battle of promoted teams against Halifax Town as they had two more men sent off. In two moments of madness the Shay men had Kevin Holsgrove and Josh Wilson sent off for the visitors.
On the pitch the hosts went into a 3-0 lead with goals from Elliott Frear (29), Luke Ruddick (69) and Ben Wright (81 minutes). Before Halifax pulled one through an own goal thanks to Ryan Brett with three minutes to go but it wasn’t enough for the Shay man as it was the second time already in the season that they have been reduced to nine men.
Cambridge took over top spot on goal difference as they beat Tamworth 3-0 at the Abbey Stadium. The Us went ahead just before half time as one of last season’s leading Marksmen Adam Cunnington scored from the spot against his former club. Before a second half double from Luke Berry on 58 minutes and 66 minutes to return to the summit of the table.
Barnet relinquished top spot despite being involved in an entertaining game as they beat Hyde FC 3-2. The Bees went 2-0 up with goals from Keanu Marsh-Brown (on 5 minutes) and Mark Byrne (40 minutes). Before the Tigers roared back with two goals from Liam Tomsett on 46 and 78 minutes. But the travelling Hyde fans dreams of taking a point were shattered on 84 minutes when substitute Harry Crawford netted the winner for the Bees.
Nuneaton stayed third in the league table as they beat Grimsby 2-1, who dropped to 8th in league table. Gavin Cowan put Nuneaton ahead on 26 minutes before Andy Brown doubled the lead on 33 minutes and the Warickshire side held on despite the hosts pulling one back on 86 minutes through Andy Cook.
Another team winning 2-1 on the road was Lincoln, who are having a great start after last season poor time, away at Dartford who have not had a great start like last season. The Imps went ahead on 21 minutes through Ben Tomlinson and just 12 minutes later Andrew Boyce double the visitors lead. The Darts pulled one back through Elliot Bradbrook on 59 minutes but it wasn’t enough for the Darts who sit 16th in the league.
Completing a small set of 2-1 wins is Hereford who triumphed over Welling by that score line. Chris Sharp put the hosts ahead just after half-time. Before they doubled the lead just before the end when Michael Rankine made it 2-0 on 84 minutes. Welling made it an interesting end when Ross Lafayette made it 2-1 on 90 minutes but it was too little too late for Welling.
Braintree got a 1-0 win away at Macclesfeild, who are still yet to win a game this season. The visitors went ahead just two minutes after half time when Liam Enver-Marum put the visitors ahead but neither team were able to find the net again during the game.
Aldershot are still on minus points as they went down to a 1-0 loss against Southport. The Shots could have moved onto 0 points with a win. But, a first half goal from Osayamen Osawe on 27 minutes saw the Sandgrounders return to the top five as Alan Wright’s men continue to upset the odds.
Big spending money Forest Green Rovers got another win as they beat Alfreton Town 3-1 at the New Lawn. A first half double from James Norwood on 7 and twenty three minutes put FGR 2-0 before Danny Wright made it 3-0 ten minutes before half time. But with 10 minutes to go till full time Alfreton were to pull one back through Dan Bradley.
Gateshead got their first win of the season with a 2-1 away at Woking. Heed went 2-0 with goals from James Brown on 20 minutes and Jamie Chandler on 30 minutes. Before a last minute penalty from Gavin Williams on 90 minutes.

The next round of Skrill Premier Fixtures is this Saturday on the 7th September on what is Non-league day. A full preview round up will be up on Friday.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s